Kiira of the Warriors Blade
Called the Kiira'Velahrn, this Tel'Kiira lore gem is a quarter inch diameter faceted topaz that has since turned a glittering pitch black due to centuries of knowledge. When worn it glows a warm amber color with a deep rich brown center.
The Kiira has the following powers, some requiring an intelligence check to access:
- The kiira will inflict 1d8 damage per round against those attempting to wear it who are not of good alignment and defenders of elven kind.
- Increases intelligence by 1 point, up to 19 maximum. Extra proficiency slots are immediately filled from proficiencies available from the kiira as knowledge floods the wearer's mind.
- Grants +2 to proficiency checks involving intelligence or wisdom.
- Learning spells and other knowledge based tasks are performed in half the time.
- Memories are stored, either by the will of wearer, or automatically when bonded for training or during combat when empathic connections are established. The wearer can easily guard his mind to restrict what knowledge passes into the kiira. The majority of memories are training related, focusing on combat, spell battle and related skills. Memories collected when bonded to students often include the wearer's directions, along with the student's perspective and even the perspective of other bonded students, yielding a multifaceted recollection of a particular experience. Memories collected during actual combat can be even more informative, especially when insight is collected from connections to enemy combatants and bonded allies. Some unintended memories have been stored, especially from students caught unawares and result in jumbled and hazy information, but the wearer can sometimes let memories slip in during the heat of battle.
- Weapon proficiency with all swords listed below while wearing the kiira. A slot of weapon specialization is permantly gained without cost, immediately for a character with a fighter class, or after 2 months for other classes. The specialization slot can be allocated according to the rules below.
- Level advancement as detailed below. Multiclass characters can have multiple classes impacted, one at a time in the order listed below with two months between levels gained from the kiira. Dual classed characters will be impacted in their current class first, while other classes can be boosted once the current class exceeds the previous class. Levels can be gained concurrently with standard level advancement. The character need not find an instructor or pay training fees.
- Warrior - 1 level is immediately gained in any warrior class (Fighter, Ranger, Paladin etc.) upon completion of the intelligence checks to wear the kiira. A second level in the warrior class is gained within 2 months of continuous wearing of the kiira. Any proficiency slots gained from intelligence or level advancement due to the kiira are immediately filled with proficiencies available from the kiira, one of which must be a rank of weapon specialization with a sword. A 10% experience bonus is gained for all subsequent warrior level advancement.
- Wizard - 1 level is gained in any wizard class (Mage, Specialist etc.), either upon completion of the kiira intelligence check for an initial level gain, or within two months of the last level gained from the kiira. Any proficiency slots gained from intelligence or level advancement due to the kiira are immediately filled with proficiencies available from the kiira. A 10% experience bonus is gained for all subsequent wizard level advancement.
- Rogue - 1 level is gained in any rogue class (Thief, Bard etc.), either upon completion of the kiira intelligence check for an initial level gain, or within two months of the last level gained from the kiira. Any proficiency slots gained from intelligence or level advancement due to the kiira are immediately filled with proficiencies available from the kiira. A 5% experience bonus is gained for all subsequent bard level advancement. A 2% experience bonus is gained for all subsequent thief level advancement.
- Priest - 1 level is gained in any priest class (Cleric, Druid, Specialty Priest etc.) that is permitted to use a sword, either upon completion of the kiira intelligence check for an initial level gain, or within two months of the last level gained from the kiira. Any proficiency slots gained from intelligence or level advancement due to the kiira are immediately filled with proficiencies available from the kiira. A 5% experience bonus is gained for all subsequent priest level advancement, when the priest is permitted to use a sword. A 2% experience bonus is gained for all other subsequent priest level advancement.
- The wearer of the gem can cause it to become invisible or glow a golden radiance at will, glowing as brightly as a light spell.
- The wearer is protected by a Mind Blank spell.
- Use of ESP is greatly enhanced while wearing the kiira, and memories read can be stored in the kiira for later use.
- The spirit of a Coure Eladrin, in service to Tulani Lord Sultaasarn, has been bound to the Kiira to protect it from evil. The Coure can cast magic missile three times per day against evil creatures, and can automatically affect the wearer with a form of Tasha's uncontrollable hideous laughter once per day, eventually driving the wearer mad. A small portion of Sultaasarn's power is also bound to the kiira. The kiira wearer benefits with access to cast High Magic without the need to be a High Mage or have supporting mages for rituals, but has a small portion of his spirit drained to empower Sultaasarn in his fight against evil. Upon death, the wearer is bound to serve Sultaasarn in Arvandor.
- The gem provides an empathic link to friends and foes within 60', allowing the wearer to sense movements and intents of combatants, while gaining the protection and benefits of enhanced empathy. Any number of targets within the area of effect can be monitored, so long as they have intelligence of animal level or higher. Those having specific intents towards the wearer will attract the most interest. The targets can save versus spell at -4 to avoid the connection. The kiira can enable clairvoyance and clairaudience through the eyes and ears of those who are empathically connected, with their permission.
- The gem's wearer can create a temporary bond with others, typically for the purpose of training. The connection can be established with any willing recipient within 60'. The bond appears as a glowing amber dot on the forehead of the student, allowing either the master or the gem to provide direct guidance to the student through flashes of memory. Fundamental magic use and spell casting during combat can also be learned through the training bond. The glowing dot will dim or brighten, depending on how well the student is responding to instruction. The number of connections that can be established is determined by the kiira wearer's intelligence score. Training memories of the students can be incorporated into the overall knowledge of the gem, providing further insight to learning students, but such memories are much more vague and nearly impossible to tell who they belonged to. The master can also use the bond to understand the intent and worthiness of the student, so it is often used as a preliminary test before a student is accepted. Once established, the link can be maintained for up to 2 hours at an unlimited distance.
- The gem wearer can establish more permanent bonds with others through special tokens used as a focus for establishing the link across the distance. Gems (worn on the forehead like a kiira), rings or other pieces of jewelry are typically enchanted as tokens, but any durable object will serve, including tattoos and swords. The token must have specific significance to its bearer, usually as a symbol of membership or rank. Tokens can be enchanted after two hours of ritual manipulation, though breaking the connection to the token can be accomplished on command. Empathic link's can be established through the token at any distance, and the kiira wearer can communicate telepathically at will, or allow token bearers to communicate with each other. The number of tokens that can be created is determined by the wearer's intelligence up to a maximum of 20. Tokens are typically given to the master's most loyal disciples, henchmen or followers.
If the character does not have a kit, they may learn the skills to assume any of the following kits for an eligible class by their next level advancement. Alternately, they may learn to mimic any of the following kits, without receiving the special benefits or hinderances, except those that are purely social in nature based on perceived status.
- Elven Knight (Fighter)
- Swashbuckler (Fighter, Thief)
- Bladesinger (Fighter/Mage)
- War Wizard (Fighter/Mage)
- Blade (Bard)
- Collector (Fighter/Mage/Thief)
Over a period of time the wearer can learn proficiency in a fighting techniques, fighting style specializations, or sword specializations where the wearer is already proficient. Non-fighters can practice and gain weapon specialization. Time to acquire each proficiency is typically two months while actively training or using the weapons skills. If the wearer already has specialization in one of the weapons, then the next level of specialization is granted.
- Sword: Bastard sword, Broadsword, Greatsword, Scimitar, Longsword and Short Sword.
- Groups: Long Blades, Medium Blades, Short Blades, Fencing Blades, Blades
The Kiira allows any character to specialize with a single sword, any dual or multiclassed character with a fighter class can achieve mastery with a single sword, and any single class fighter can use proficiency slots to achieve grand mastery in one or more swords, or specialization with sword groups. Dual classed fighters can retain their level of specialization in all weapons up to mastery level, until they exceed their fighter class when full sword specializations are restored. Routine combat practice is required to retain fighting skills.
- Specialization - +1 to hit, +2 damage
- Mastery - +3 to hit, +3 damage
- High Mastery - critical hit on 16+
- Grand Mastery - increased attacks per round (next step of specialist table, max 3 per round), weapons use the next higher die type
- Single Weapon Specialization - AC +1
- Weapon and Shield Specialization - extra shield punch or parry
- Two Weapon Specialization - primary penalty 0, secondary penalty -2
- Two Hand Specialization - speed -3, +1 damage on one handed weapons
- Single Weapon Double Specialization - AC +2
Bladesong study includes one style, typically Keryth. After specialization, an additional proficiency slot can be spent to master the syle.
- Bladesong - +1 to hit, +1 to AC, or attack & parry
- Bladesong Specialization - +2 to hit, +2 to AC, or attack & parry
- Bladesong Styles
- Nael'kerym - Practiced by Duskblades, this primitive form of bladesong allowed for heavier armor, shields and weapons. It typically required magical strength enhancements. +2 damage.
- Kerymvian - uses scimitars, thin blades, short swords and rapiers for an agile fencing like style. -1 to initiative.
- Keryth - uses medium blades including long swords and bastard swords to provide a balance between power and speed.
- Arkerym - uses two handed weapons including great swords and two handed swords, with more emphasis on combat than spell casting, which is limited to spells without somatic components. +1 damage.
- Nys'Vael - uses two blades of differing type/size, such as Long Sword and Short Sword, Short Sword and Dagger, or Bastard Sword and Short Sword. Masters must be ambidextrous
- Tan'Vael - uses two blades of the same type/size, typically Long Swords, Scimitars, Falchions or Short Swords. Masters must be ambidextrous.
- Kerym Syolkiir - uses magical enhancements to speed and dexterity. +1 AC.
- Bladesong - the ability to cast spells with somatic components using one hand. Performing strictly defensive melee moves will not spoil the spell casting.
- Swordcasting - the ability to cast spells without somatic components, through the sword, delivering the effects on a successful hit. The spell typically delivers a one time bonus of extra damage by touch, though other spells may enhance the blade for an extended period.
- Blind Fighting, Ambidexterity.
- Dancing, Etiquette, Juggling, Jumping, Singing, Spellcraft, Tumbling, Weaponsmithing.
- Alertness, Artistic Ability, Camouflage, Engineering, Falconry, Heraldry, Land Based Riding - Horse, Musical Instrument, Religion, Rope Use, Stonemasonry, Survival, Tightrope Walking.
The kiira can store 250 spell levels, including variants. 1d6 spells are learned immediately upon acclimating to the kiira, plus 1d6 annually. It can also store 10 high magic rituals.
- Amplify ⚔, Blacksteel, Burning Hands †, Chill Touch †, Detect Magic, Magic Missile ⚔, Read Magic, Shield ⚔, Shocking Grasp †
- Bladesong ⚔, Bladethirst ⚔, Blur ⚔, Cat's Grace ⚔, Ray of Enfeeblement ⚔, Strength ⚔
- Ball Lightning ⚔, Fireball ⚔, Haste ⚔, Heroism ⚔, Invisible Mail, Lightning Bolt ⚔, Melf's Minute Meteors ⚔, Phantom Steed, Protection from Evil 10' ⚔, Protection From Normal Missiles ⚔, Steeldance
- Dimension Door ⚔, Enchanted Weapon, Fire of the Moon, Firebrand, Ice Storm ⚔, Ilyykur's Mantle, Improved Strength ⚔, Minor Globe of Invulnerability, Shout, Sunbolt ⚔, Tensor's Running Warrior ⚔
- Cone of Cold ⚔, Fear Aura, Force Missiles ⚔, Oathbinding, Phantom Blade, Reflection, Rusting Grasp †, Superheroism ⚔, Teleport ⚔
- Antimagic Aura, Chain Lightning ⚔, Enchant an Item
- Bloodstars, Guardian Mantle, Prismatic Spray ⚔
- Faerie Sword, Permancy, Shooting Stars ⚔, Sunburst ⚔
- Elemental Aura, Gate, Spellstrike, Wail of the Banshee
- Solitude: Evaliir’Enevahr (The Song of Enevahr- 8), Fhaor'kerymkiir (The Crystal Swords - 8), Fhaor'tel'Kiir (Enchant Tel'Kiira Lore Gem - 7), Kai'Soch'takal (Dragonrage - 8), Saloh'Cint'Nias (Celestial Army - 9), Telmiirkara Neshyrr (The Right of Transformation - 10), Vuorl’Kyshuf (Message on Birds’ Wings to Silver)
- Complement: Lalyshae'Seldar'Wihylos (Sacraments of the Seldarine Blessing)
- Myriad: N'Quor'Khaor (The Banishing), Uaul’Selu’Keryth (The Sundering)
† = Swordcasting variant available
⚔ = Bladesong variant available
- Yathlanae Estraeidil – Memories of the ceremony and bonding by Telmiirkara Neshyrr to Tulani Lord Sultaasarn, including the rush of power.
- Kolvar Duskmourn – They day of betrayal when the valorous Duskblades refused to fight their allies and left the Aryvandaari empire.
- Shyllisyrr Larenthanil – First meeting of the Elven Court with divine presence. Shyllisyrr was granted a Knighthood to serve and protect the court.
- Lord Vicorin Swordmancer – Memories of the defeat of evil elves in the Vale of Evereska, sealing of the Vyshaan in their tombs, and the founding of Evereska over the catacombs.
- Aravae Dreamsong – vivid memories of the prophecy of the wolf who should receive the kiira.
Owned by: Falconblade
Travaran Mythrantiades created this kiira using techniques similar to the creation of Shilvael’Telkiira by the Vyshaan leaders under the guidance of Malkizid. It was meant to provide direct opposition to the Vyshaan. The kiira was not created to serve a House of noble elves, but was designed to be a store house for Elven traditions and fighting skills, especially bladesong. Yalthlanae and subsequent wearers directly bound their spirits to Tulani Lord Sultaasarn, increasing the overall benefit of the kiira to future wearers.
-13,752 Aryvandaari High Mage Rebellion
Travaran Mythrantiades fakes his own death, but before he leaves he creates a set of kiira designed to establish a resistance force to the evil of Aryvandaari leaders. Initially given to a line of war mages, the kiira eventually passes to a master of Faer’Yal Tintag’maleé, the Bladesingers of old Tintageer.
- Travaran Mythrantiades – M25 male Sun Elf, Grand High Mage of Occidian. Creator of the Kiira.
- Yathlanae Estraeidil – M19 female Star Elf, Militarist and High Mage. Bonded by Telmiirkara Neshyrr to Tulani Lord Sultaasarn. she used Lalyshae'Seldar'Wihylos to create 20 lesser kiira connected to the master kiira to help coordinate efforts.
- Olithir Braegen – F14/M15 male Sun Elf, War Mage and High Mage, Long Sword Specialist and Keryth Bladesong Warrior. Bonded by Telmiirkara Neshyrr to Tulani Lord Sultaasarn.
- Felaern Kadelaryn – F14/M15 male Sun Elf, War Mage and High Mage, Bastard Sword Specialist and Keryth Bladesong Warrior. Bonded by Telmiirkara Neshyrr to Tulani Lord Sultaasarn. Commissioned the forging and enchanted Falconblade, and used the kiira to created a permanent empathic bond to the falcon spirit of the blade.
- Jorildyn Vandiir – F14/M15 male Sun Elf, War Mage and High Mage, Long Sword Specialist and Keryth Bladesong Warrior. Bonded by Telmiirkara Neshyrr to Tulani Lord Sultaasarn.
- Methild Gildenguard – F24 male Sun Elf, Elven Knight, Grand Master of the Bastard Sword, Master of Blades, Bow Master, Lance Specialist, and Keryth Bladesong Master.
- Aumrauth Caersaelk – F21 male Sun Elf, Elven Knight, Grand Master of the Long Sword, Master of Blades, Bow Master, Lance Specialist, and Keryth Bladesong Master.
- Edyrm Presrae – F15/M17 male Sun Elf, Bladesinger and High Mage, Knight of Faer’Yal Tintag’maleé, Master of the Long Sword, and Keryth Bladesong Master.
- Shaundyl Mrhulaedir – F14/M15 male Sun Elf, Duskblade, Master of the Two Handed Sword, and Nael'kerym Bladesong Master.
- Myriil Ulondarr – F14/M15 male Sun Elf, Duskblade, Master of the Two Handed Sword, and Nael'kerym Bladesong Master.
-10,900 The War of Liberation
Sun Elf Valorous Duskblades abandon the Aryvandaari Empire to fight as rebels along side good elves of the allied nation of Shantel Othreier. The Duskblades train under Moon Elf Bladesingers resulting in the kiira passing to Moon Elf students. Duskblade skills are kept secret and largely forgotten in favor of the more refined Bladesinger styles.
- Kolvar Duskmourn – F14/M15 male Sun Elf, Duskblade, Master of the Greatsword, and Nael'kerym Bladesong Master.
- Sudryl Lightshiver – F14/M15 male Sun Elf, Bladesinger, Master of the Bastard Sword, and Keryth Bladesong Master. Wielded Falconblade.
- Taeglyn Symbaern – F14/M15 male Moon Elf, Bladesinger, Master of the Broadsword, and Keryth Bladesong Master.
- Huquethae Maerdrym – F13/C12 female Dark Elf, Sword Dancer of Eilistraee, Master of the Bastard Sword, and Keryth Bladesong Master.
- Zulae Iliatharr – F14/M15 male Moon Elf, Bladesinger, Master of the Long Sword, and Keryth Bladesong Master.
-10,000 Elven Court
Bladesingers serve as Knights of the Elven Court.
- Shyllisyrr Larenthanil – F19 female Moon Elf, Unicorn Rider, High Master of Long Sword, Master of Swords, Bow Master, Lance Specialist, and Kerymvian Bladesong Warrior.
- Quynn Goadulphyn – F14/M15 male Green Elf, Bladesinger, Master of the Bastard Sword, and Keryth Bladesong Master. Wielded Falconblade.
- Raunaeril Aeravansel – F14/M15 male Moon Elf, Bladesinger, Master of the Long Sword, and Keryth Bladesong Master.
- Quynn Silverblade – F14/M15 male Moon Elf, Bladesinger, Master of the Long Sword, and Keryth Bladesong Master.
- Kerym Raryndur – F14/M15 male Moon Elf, Bladesinger, Master of the Long Sword, and Keryth Bladesong Master.
-9200 The Fifth Crown War
Vyshantaar High Mages contact the kiira bearer to fight against Vyshaan Duskblades, renewing study of Duskblade styles.
- Tanithil Durothil – F14/M15 male Sun Elf, Bladesinger, Master of the Bastard Sword, and Keryth Bladesong Master. Wielded Falconblade.
- Llarm Oumryn – F14/M15 male Moon Elf, Bladesinger, Master of the Bastard Sword, and Keryth Bladesong Master.
- Ester Soryn – F14/M15 female Moon Elf, Bladesinger, Master of the Bastard Sword, and Keryth Bladesong Master.
- Saelethil Haladar – F14/M15 male Moon Elf, Bladesinger, Master of the Bastard Sword, and Keryth Bladesong Master.
-8600 Founding of Evereska
An order of bladesingers travel to Evereska to serve as secret guards of the Vyshaan tombs.
- Lord Vicorin Swordmancer – F14/M17 male Moon Elf bladesinger and High Mage, Master of the Long Sword, and Keryth Bladesong Master.
- Jamdrian Dawntreader – F12/M15 male Sun Elf bladesinger, Master of the Long Sword, and Keryth Bladesong Master.
- Lady Irierath Falconsong – F11/M14 female Sun Elf bladesinger, Master of the Bastard Sword, and Keryth Bladesong Master. Wielded Falconblade.
- Alilyassa Swordsinger – F12/M12 female Sun elf bladesinger, Master of the Long Sword, and Keryth Bladesong Master.
- Kristana Forgedawn – F12/M13 female Sun Elf bladesinger, Master of the Long Sword, and Keryth Bladesong Master.
- Aluhana Huntinghawk – F11/M11 female Moon Elf Bladesinger, Master of the Bastard Sword, and Keryth Bladesong Master.
- Fruhorn Woodsoul – R21 male Wood Elf Justifier, Master of the Bastard Sword, and Keryth Bladesong Master. Wielded Falconblade.
- Damice Dewshining – F11/M11/T13 female Moon Elf collector, Master of the Short Sword, and Kerymvian Bladesong Master.
- Shyriel Dewshining – F12/M12/T14 female Moon Elf collector, Master of the Short Sword, and Kerymvian Bladesong Master.
- Loraatris Harpsorcerer – F11/B12 female Moon Elf minstrel, Master of the Short Sword, and Kerymvian Bladesong Master.
- Ralikanthae Dhorinshyl – F11/B12 male Moon Elf Swashbuckler and minstrel, Master of the Rapier, and Kerymvian Bladesong Master.
- Shageon Dragonsoul – B13 male half-Moon Elf blade, Blade Specialist, and Keryth Bladesong Warrior.
- Eildove Moonshadow – M12/B13 female Moon Elf minstrel, Short Sword Specialist, and Kerymvian Bladesong Warrior.
- Aravae Dreamsong – C12/B13 female Moon Elf priestess of Sehanine and minstrel. Joins the order of Veiled Choir, taking the Kiira with her. She reveals a prophesy that "when the Gods walk the earth, an elven warrior of hidden nobility with no past and no future will come to Evereska like a wolf from the shadows. The kiira is to be given to him to set his path to purpose, though it be snatched away as quickly by a golden falcon of ages past."
- Falconblade – an intelligent bastard sword +2 that had been merged into Chiliad Khilat during the Time of Troubles. The astral falcon spirit of the blade completely consumed the essence of the Kiira into herself. The knowledge and powers of the kiira can still be provided to any blade wielder of elven heritage.